We’d like to assure you that we are committed to protecting the privacy of all our users. We will ensure that the information you provide us with is kept private and confidential, and we will only use it to provide the services you request. We will not sell, rent or lease your personal information to others.
Information You Voluntarily Provide
Information We Share with Third Party Providers
We may share your personally identifiable information with service providers including
· Payment processors for secure credit card payment transaction.
· Hosting services.
· Email service providers to send you emails pertaining to your booking. Such providers may send emails of a marketing nature if you agree to receive such newsletters.
· Advertising partners who may use email address, cookies and other tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons, to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites to provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
· Our business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them. We may also share your data with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our website.
· Legal authorities when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or when necessary to do so to protect the rights and safety of Waterside House Hotel, employees and users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of our services.
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personally identifiable information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets of Waterside House Hotel.
· Information that is aggregated or anonymised that does not directly identify you.
Information We Collect
When you browse our website or make a purchase, we may automatically collect information about your visit by using cookies. This information may include your device type, browser, IP address, how you came to the website or how you interacted with the website. This information may be used to monitor or improve website performance or deliver targeted advertising. Information from the cookie alone generally will not identify you personally and we will not use this information in connection with any personally identifiable information you have provided. You may read more about the specific cookies we use on this website here
How we protect your information
We take reasonable and appropriate measures to protect Personal Information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction, considering the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the personal information. Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. We use regular Malware Scanning. We implement a variety of security measures when a user makes a booking, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. If a security breach causes an unauthorized intrusion into our system that materially affects you, then Waterside House Hotel will notify you as soon as possible and later report the action we took in response.
We give you the option of receiving information regarding some or all of our hotels & information that complements our products and services. Such communications may include new product information, special offers, or an invitation to participate in market research. We may give you a choice regarding delivery of such communications by post, e-mail and telephone. We will make every effort to honour your preferences. This option does not apply to communications for the purpose of order completion.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes or you wish your information to be removed from our records, you may update or delete it by emailing email@example.com. We will give you access to your personally identifiable information that we hold within 30 days of a request to access. You may send a request to this email address firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to stop receiving email newsletters, click on the unsubscribe link on any of the newsletters. We will retain your information for as long as required to deliver your service, agreement or resolve any issues. Please note that we cannot always delete records of all historical data. For example, we are required to retain certain records for financial reporting and compliance reasons.
Third Party Websites
What are cookies?
More information about cookies can be found on www.aboutcookies.org and www.allaboutcookies.org among other information sources.
List of Cookies
Website & booking engine
General purpose platform session cookie, used by sites written with Microsoft .NET based technologies. Used to maintain an anonymised user session by the server.
- _ga 1 day
- _gid up to 2 years
Used to distinguish unique users by assigning a randomly generated number as a client identifier. It is included in each page request in a site and used to calculate visitor, session and campaign data for the sites analytics reports. https://www.google.com/policies/technologies/types/
- _gat Session
Used to throttle the request rate – limiting the collection of data on high traffic sites. https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
Third party cookies
Some cookies that have been set on our websites are not related to Choice Hotel Group. When you visit a page with content embedded from a third party such as YouTube, Twitter or Facebook, these service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser.
Controlling and disabling cookies