A Greener Future
The g Hotel & Spa is located in one of the most beautiful places in the world. The city of tribes is number 15 of the top 20 destinations in the global destination sustainability index. A place that people want to live, work and visit, Galway is filled with personality and embraces tourists with a warm welcome. The team at the hotel is dedicated to making a positive impact on the environment to protect Galway’s beautiful landscape for domestic and international guests to enjoy.
We are a proud member of the Green Hospitality and are delighted to be part of the Galway Convention Bureau GDSI environmental certification program.
We are committed to:
- Achieving robust environmental practices across the hotel by measuring our room night Carbon factor, our room night water usage, a waste diversion rate percentage, and energy usage.
- To reduce, reuse and recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical.
- To comply with all Government of Ireland legislation in regards to sustainability.
- To work with suppliers who have good environmental policies to reduce packaging waste and to improve the environmental impact of all products purchased.
- To comply with all guidelines set out in our membership with Green Hospitality and Galway Convention Bureau.
- To encourage and train our team on how to meet our objectives.
We are on a journey to significantly improve our policies and practices to help build a greener future. Producer to plate is vitally important to us when creating menus to suit our guests. Living on an island rich in agricultural history makes it easy to access the freshest of seafood and organic produce from local Irish suppliers. From our ethically sourced Fonte Coffee to our freshly sourced catch of fish & seafood from Mary’s Fish Galway, we are working with suppliers who are taking their business to a more sustainable future. Our guests are made aware of our efforts and are encouraged to help us achieve our objectives.
Here are some live Green Initiatives:
- Paperless bedrooms – Interactive Suitepad in each guest room
- Work with local suppliers – All of our Beef is of Irish Origin
- Hybrid Courtesy Car
- Detailed Recycling program
- Promoting a paper conscious program within our departments
- Green Team Meetings to encourage our team to reduce our carbon footprint
- Encourage our guests and team to walk or use public transport where possible. We participate in the Cycle to Work Scheme and encourage our team to take advantage of this benefit for the environment and to save money.