the g Hotel & Spa Best Dressed Lady
Ladies Day at the Galway Races
Ladies Day at the Galway Races Summer Festival takes place on Thursday 28th July and we are inviting you to ‘Strike a Pose’ as part of our new sponsorship, the 5-star g Hotel & Spa. Designed by Philip Treacy, our partnership with the Galway Races is a fashionista match made in heaven. Start planning your outfit, book your tickets, secure your hotel and join us for the most stylish Galway Races Ladies Day yet! Prize value of €10,000 for the worthy winner of the #gHotelBestDressed Lady and €2,000 prize for the Best Hat winner.
Ladies Day at the Galway Races is the hottest day in Irish racing with the ‘Galway Guinness Hurdle Handicap’ acknowledged as the richest National Hunt race in Ireland awarding a show stopping prize fund of €300,000. As thousands turn out to see this coveted prize contested on the field, the designer creations and millinery masterpieces are on centre stage in the enclosure. Ladies Day at the Galway Races is a national institution, a highlight of the social and fashion calendar. Elegantly dressed ladies with fabulous hats and head pieces are accompanied by friends and family in tailored suits or casual smarts. A kaleidoscope of colour and style throngs the enclosure at Ballybrit as the gorgeous ladies vie for the title of g Hotel & Spa Best Dressed Lady.
The eagerly anticipated competition will be one of the highlights of the Guinness Galway Hurdle Day taking place on Thursday 28th July 2016.
BEST DRESSED LADY & BEST HAT - HOW TO ENTER
There is no formal entry procedure to the Best Dressed competitions at the Galway Races. The judging panel wander through the crowds and invite chosen finalists to the Ladies Day g Hotel & Spa Marquee, adjacent to the Champagne Marquee. Ladies interested in taking part in the g Hotel & Spa Best Dressed Lady Competition are asked to arrive early as the finalists will be chosen by 2.30pm. The winning outfits are usually announced at approximately 3.30pm. The prize giving ceremony takes place in the enclosure immediately after the 5th race.
Galway Races Ladies Day timings:
- 10.30am: gates to the racecourse are open
- 11.30am: Judging will commence at the racecourse
- The five judges will walk around the racecourse through the crowds and invite a select number of chosen finalists to the Ladies Day g Hotel Best Dressed Marquee, adjacent to the Champagne Marquee, near the parade ring.
- Finalists must immediately make their way to the g Hotel Marquee. The finalist badge is required for entry of the g Hotel Best Dressed Marquee.
- 2.30pm: all finalists gather in the g Hotel marquee for an informal chat with the judges.
- 3.30pm: the winner of both competitions are announced outside the g Hotel Best Dressed Marquee with MC Marietta Doran
- 4.10pm: the prize giving ceremony takes place in the parade ring
**Please note that timings are approximate only and subject to change based on RTE TV Schedule**